Philadelphia Insurance Workers Comp – 215-646-5633
Call 215-646-5633 and speak with the experts at Humphries Insurance.
Humphries Insurance specializes in providing the most competitive rates on workers compensation insurance in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Insurance Is Mandatory in the State of Pennsylvania.
As you’re likely aware workers compensation insurance in Pennsylvania is mandatory so if you own any type of business, make certain that you secure the appropriate workers compensation insurance.
This Is How Workers Compensation Insurance Applies.
Workers compensation insurance provides coverage due to bodily injury by accident or disease and it may include coverage for injuries that result in death.
Please note how one workers compensation insurance policy defines how coverage may apply:
- Bodily injury by disease must be caused or aggravated by the conditions of your employment. The employee’s last day of last exposure to the conditions causing or aggravating such bodily injury by disease must occur during the policy period.
- Additionally bodily injury by accident must occur during the policy period.
How Does Pennsylvania Employers Liability Insurance Apply?
Pennsylvania Employers liability insurance applies to bodily injury by accident or bodily injury by disease. Bodily injury includes resulting death.
Conditions for employer’s liability:
- The bodily injury must arise out of and in the course of the injured employee’s employment by you.
- The employment must be necessary or incidental to your work in a state or territory listed in item 3.A of the information page.
- Bodily injury by accident must occur during the policy period.
- Bodily injury by disease must be caused or aggravated by the conditions of your employment. The employees last date of last exposure to the conditions causing or aggravating such bodily injury by disease must occur during the policy period.
- If you are sued, the original suit and any related legal actions for damages for bodily injury by accident or by disease must be brought in the United States of America, its territories or possessions, or Canada.
How Worker’s Compensation May Not Apply?
Pennsylvania Workers compensation insurance would not apply in the event the employee is injured or becomes ill due to non-employment related activities.
Example: An employee injures themselves while on vacation and attempts to collect workers compensation insurance from your policy
Other exclusions would include punitive or exemplary damages because of bodily injury to an employee employed in violation of law.
Example: If your employee is involved in illegal activities while employed by your company and is injured due to a violation of law. Workers compensation insurance would not be available to that injured employee.
Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Insurance Is Complicated, and That’s Why You Need an Expert.
Contact Humphries Insurance today at 215-646-5633 and we can discuss and review your individual needs for your business.
We represent the top companies offering workers compensation insurance in Pennsylvania, call us today.